[pvrusb2] LG tuner

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Thu Dec 8 09:35:54 CST 2005

On Thu, 8 Dec 2005, Armin Herbert wrote:

> on Thursday 08 December 2005 16:07 Mike Isely wrote:
>
>>> My device seems pretty new, the tuner used in the device could be
>>> another one than in older versions, see the attached syslog-init.txt
>>> - it mainly says "tveeprom: tuner = LG S001D MK3 (idx = 60, type =
>>> 4)"
>>
>> This is the key problem.  "type = 4" means "absent", in other words
>> that it failed to assign *any* tuner implementation.  Until that is
>> fixed nothing is going to work.
>>
>> Which tveeprom did you use?  The next step here is to figure out why
>> the mapping isn't there.
>
> I used the module from the original kernel. When using the one shipped
> with pvrusb2-mci, it complains:
>
> kernel: pvrusb2: disagrees about version of symbol
> tveeprom_hauppauge_analog
> kernel: pvrusb2: Unknown symbol tveeprom_hauppauge_analog, st_info == 0x1
>
> What could be the cause for that?

Arrghh!

That symbol is *definitely* in the tveeprom module.

I think I'm going to need to do some experiments here to better understand
these errors.  Too many people have hit this problem.

In the mean time, check that you compiled the ivtv stuff with the correct
set of kernel headers (should be the same as what you used for the pvrusb2
directory).  One common cause for version mismatches is that wrong kernel
headers were used.  But I have a funny feeling that in this case something
wierder is going on.

I'm out of time right now, but later tonight (Chicago time) I will look
into this further.