[pvrusb2] LG tuner

obi graziano at cs.ucsb.edu
Thu Dec 8 14:48:45 CST 2005

On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 08:54:15PM +0100, Armin Herbert wrote:

> > > In the mean time, check that you compiled the ivtv stuff with the
> > > correct set of kernel headers (should be the same as what you used
> > > for the pvrusb2 directory).  One common cause for version mismatches
> > > is that wrong kernel headers were used.  But I have a funny feeling
> > > that in this case something wierder is going on.
> >
> > I'm still checking that, since suse ships the headers in an extra
> > package so that you don't have to build the kernel on your own. I'm
> > doing that right now, it will take a few hours though.
> >
> > My problem would be solved with this tveeprom version, since in the
> > suse kernel source module there's the line 158 in tveeprom.c:
> > { TUNER_ABSENT,        "LG S001D MK3"},
> > whereas in the ivtv directory in line 214:
> > { TUNER_PHILIPS_FM1216ME_MK3, "LG S001D MK3"},
> >
> > I really hope installing the self-built kernel and modules and using
> > the self-built object files will do the trick.
>
> I double-checked and I'm now definitely using the same kernel with whose
> header files I compiled the module, but no success with same error
> message.
>
> I'm not sure where the problem is.. if it's the modversions, the problem
> should be on my side, but I can't imagine what to try next.. any idea
> left?

Are you sure you cleaned up the driver directory before recompiling? I
had issue of drivers that didn't want to recompile against a changed
kernel tree.

The only times I had problems here is when I had both the kernel modules
and the ivtv modules installed: modprobbe preferred the kernel ons ...

graziano