[pvrusb2] Fuzzy Video using Hauppauge WinTV PVR USB2

roger roger at eskimo.com
Mon Dec 12 05:06:02 CST 2005

I think I made mention earlier about using Mythtv and requiring to
turn-off deinterlacing while watching tv in Mythtv.  I think you can do
this while watching tv and tapping the "W" key.

I believe you can also do this by doing:
echo 1 > /sys/class/pvrusb2/sn-7435104/ctl_interlace/cur_val

If this solves it, then this problem you are having is similar to what I
had had.

To solve it, try updating your Linux nvidia drivers along with using a
recent versions of pvrusb2 driver and also trying using a more recent
firmware version?

Another thing known to cause problems with Mythtv is Nvidias
RenderAccel.  If you have it turned on within xorg.conf, try turning it
off.

If you figure this out, make sure you post your solution here (unlike me
forgetting too)! :-/  (sorry.)