[pvrusb2] pvrusb2 driver going into v4l...

Marc Eberhard m.a.eberhard at aston.ac.uk
Tue Nov 8 02:18:53 CST 2005

Dear Mike,

as the driver is currently working without any major or minor problems I
would consider it very mature. If you declare the current snapshot as the
final pre-kernel release and keep this available, there shouldn't be any
problem with removing backwards compatibility and making your life easier
for future versions. I'm certainly happy with that solution. Just keep the
current snapshot available for people using older kernels and that should be
OK.

The long term benefit of having the driver in V4L and the kernel clearly
outweights any potential temporary problems during this transition phase. As
soon as the driver is in the kernel and distributions have caught up on
using that kernel or a newer one, there won't be any problem anymore anyway.
So we are only talking of transient problems for this phase. And the current
snapshot should be good enough to keep everyone happy for that time period
at least.

Keep up the good work!!!

Thanks,
Marc