[pvrusb2] pvrusb2 driver going into v4l...

xavier.gnata at free.fr xavier.gnata at free.fr
Tue Nov 8 13:35:30 CST 2005

A very short answer IMHO :
IMHO, drop backwards compatibility :).
Why?
Ok,  pvrusb2 is going to be a driver merged into kernel. Which kernel.
Most probably 2.6.16. At this point, there is nostly no point to work to get it
backwards compatible because there is no rela point to say "it is in mainline"
and at the same time "here is the patch (or the hack) to keep it compatible
with 2.6.1X".
It is great to be in mainline and, IMHO, a driver in the mainline should only
care about the current kernel API (and not the old ones which are dead :))

Xavier.