[pvrusb2] Re: pvrusb2 driver going into v4l...

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 9 01:19:11 CST 2005

Mike,

This seems a good way forward, but it is unclear to me
what we loose/where the incompatibilities are.

I would definitely regret it if this means loosing the
sys interface (probably with the serial nr) as
discussed before.

If the names in sys change, I don't mind that much.
For the programming interface: Well, I use the sys
interface only (being a lazy sod), so I really have no
opinion here. I'd like to know though, because if that
changes I definitely do not want to move from the sys
interface to a programming interface with my proggie
at this point in time.

Best regards, Frans.

PS: for the curious reader:
"my proggie" is a very small recording daemon that
will
record based on a timers file. No frills, no playback
capability, just recording. I'm using a linksys nslu2
(arm at 266Mhz) and pvrusb2 as hd recorder.
Controlling this is done through this timers file (and
kill -1 to trigger the daemon to reread the file).
I'm working on an EPG/html/xmltv based frontend for
programming as well.