[pvrusb2] New driver snapshot: pvrusb2-mci-20051109

Roger J. Allen rja at firkraag.rogera.net
Thu Nov 10 17:28:13 CST 2005

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005, Mike Isely wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Nov 2005, Andreas Korinek wrote:
>
>> On Thursday 10 November 2005 15:42, Mike Isely wrote:
>>
>>> Also, the slow video / slow sound issue is a complete puzzle.  There
>>> should be nothing in the driver even capable of causing that problem, let
>>> alone anything I might have changed.  Can you as a control case go back
>>> and rebuild & run the previous snapshot and see if the problem is still
>>> happening?
>>
>> Problem solved, it was a alsa issue with the internal clock rate. I can
>> watch
>> TV now quite normal, the warning about "tveeprom_hauppauge_analog" seems to
>> be harmless.
>
> I don't see that warning here.  Is anyone else seeing this? I'd like to
> understand what is different.  Which kernel are you compiling against and is
> the compilation of pvrusb2-eeprom.c successfully locating tveeprom.h?

I was getting errors about "tveeprom_hauppauge_analog" with some
combinations of Fedora Core 4 2.6.13 kernels and recent pvrusb2
snapshots.  It had been working well upto kernel-2.6.12-1.1447_FC4 and
pvrusb2-mci-20050804.tar.bz2.  I guessed it was the v4l changes filtering
thru the different developers.

Now, with pvrusb2-mci-20051109.tar.bz2, everything is working great with
the latest FC4 kernel (kernel-2.6.13-1.1532_FC4).  I did have to add
a link to msp3400.h for it to compile.  Something like this:

make --directory ivtv
ln -s ../ivtv/msp3400.h driver/msp3400.h
make --directory driver

The FC4 kernel has tveeprom.ko, tuner.ko, and msp3400.ko, so I only
installed saa7115.ko and pvrusb2.ko before running "depmod -a".

My setup uses the composite video source, so I havn't tested the tuner.

The remote control works with the atrpms lirc packages.