[pvrusb2] No TV ;(

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Tue Oct 4 13:45:34 CDT 2005

On Tue, 4 Oct 2005, Jonas Weismueller wrote:

> Hi,
> firmware is loading successfully. KDETV scanned for channels and found
> about 10, but I can't see any screen. xawtv didn't display anything, too.
> Which programm would you recommend. What should I check?
> I have to use Pal B/G here ;)

Last time I looked kdetv does not support mpeg2 decoding, which you need
here because the PVR USB2 device uses a hardware mpeg2 decoder.  There's
no raw video frames here.  So this is never going to work.

Try a known quantity first.  Try mplayer first.  Look at my main web page
for important information on using mplayer with this driver.  You can do
this to verify the driver is working correctly then I'd go on to try other
things.