[pvrusb2] sysfs

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 10 02:55:02 CDT 2005

Mike wrote:
> This "rule" would mean the elimination of the sysfs interface which I have
> found to be immensely valuable for debugging and for using the driver with mplayer.

I agree that keeping the sysfs interface would be very nice.
When doing the testing of the NSLU2 version and also the dual pvr setup, I only used this interface! Just poke in the freq and vid std, then cat /dev/video0 >tst.mpg

The only other viable solution would be to have a sysfs i/f on top of v4l. Don't know how feasible that is though...

Frans.