[pvrusb2] read attempt on video device leads to error messages

Lars Schillingmann Lars at schillingmann.net
Fri Oct 14 18:38:06 CDT 2005

Am Freitag, 14. Oktober 2005 23:28 schrieb Mike Isely:
> > Ok, I removed the pcf8574 stuff from the kernel and it works!
> > Playing around with it now...
>
> Glad to hear you got past this.
>
> Was pcf8574 part of the base kernel sources or was it something you had to
> add?  I ask this because when I configure kernels for my own use, I
> usually enable everything as modules in the build.  If it's there I can
> try to reproduce the problem here.

Should be in by default. The kernel options i had on before were:
I2C_ALGOPCF
I2C_ALGOPCA

SENSORS_EEPROM
SENSORS_PCF
SENSORS_PCA95398574
SENSORS_PCF8591

You can find the options in device drivers -> i2c support ->
{algorithms, Miscellaneous I2C Chip support}

It was a messy setup there. It was leftover from a day when i played around
with sensors and just activated stuff. It is not very easy to find
information which sensor chipsets are on which hardware...
I tried to reproduce this error by compiling the above options as modules. And
loaded them before i loaded the pvrusb driver. But i could not reproduce the
error that way. I only could reproduce it, when these drivers are compiled in
the kernel. Maybe not all of them need to be.

 -Lars