[pvrusb2] Excellent! Success on Ubuntulinux

Dag Sverre Seljebotn dagss at student.matnat.uio.no
Sat Oct 15 08:19:00 CDT 2005

This is mostly to say excellent work, thanks a lot!

I'll report my story anyway in case there's anything interesting.

I had to upgrade my Ubuntu to get a newer kernel to get it to build, and
after that I had to remove the kernel's tveeprom.ko as instructed (not
because of hardware incompatability, but because the modules had a
symbol mismatch and pvrusb2 wouldn't load).

Also I get an error message in the kernel log:

[4403101.937000] tveeprom: Encountered bad packet header [c2]. Corrupt
or not a Hauppauge eeprom.

...but it doesn't seem to affect anything.

Thanks again!

// Dag Sverre