[pvrusb2] driver status; incompatible change coming...

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Sun Oct 16 14:15:19 CDT 2005

The horrible, disgusting, sick trick with the tveeprom structure worked
(see preceding thread).

I've verified that the pvrusb2 driver works with kernel versions 2.6.12,
2.6.13, and even 2.6.14, and it is using updated modules from ivtv 0.4.0.
I've tried various combinations of using ivtv-provided modules (e.g.
tuner.ko, tveeprom.ko, etc) versus using v4l-provided modules from the
kernel sources and all combinations I have tried work correctly.  Yay!

I need to write up a description of this tveeprom mess somewhere.  Once
that is done I'll release a new driver snapshot.