[pvrusb2] New driver snapshot: pvrusb2-mci-20051016

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Sun Oct 16 18:16:00 CDT 2005

This pvrusb2 driver snapshot implements support for kernel 2.6.14 and
integrates newer ivtv modules from ivtv 0.4.0.  Sounds simple, but this
kicked over a lot of little issues in the driver that I had to fix.  It
all culminated with a big fight involving various bits of compatibility
breakage in tveeprom.ko from v4l and ivtv.  I've written a long
description of the situation in a new html file pvrusb2-eeprom.html
(accessible on the web and also in the driver snapshot).

As always, you can download any driver snapshot from here:

http://www.isely.net/pvrusb2.html

Please let me know if anyone sees any new problems.  I'm especially keen
to learn if previously working functionality with older kernels might have
stopped working.  I did a number of tests with that in mind, but it's
impossible to cover everything.