[pvrusb2] Re: New driver snapshot: pvrusb2-mci-20051016

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Wed Oct 19 08:56:55 CDT 2005

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005, Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Just tried this snapshot with a 2.6.14rc2 kernel.
> It compiles out of the box and runs like a charm.
> The only special thing I noted what that the serial
> number of the device has changed.
>
> Diving a little bit deeper into this I found an old
> dmesg output that contained for the old sw:
>
> tveeprom: Hauppauge: model = 29039, rev = D160,
> serial# = 7770995
> tveeprom: tuner = LG S001D MK3 (idx = 60, type = 38)
> tveeprom: tuner fmt = PAL(B/G) PAL(I) SECAM(L/L)
> PAL(D/K) (eeprom = 0x74, v4l2 = 0x00400e17)
> tveeprom: audio processor = MSP3415 (type = 6)
> tveeprom: decoder processor = SAA7115 (type = 13)
> pvrusb2 eeprom results:
> pvrusb2 has_radio=1
> pvrusb2 tuner_type=38
> pvrusb2 tuner_formats=0x400e17
> pvrusb2 audio_processor=6
> pvrusb2 model=19
> pvrusb2 revision=29039
> pvrusb2 serial_number=9508240
>
> compare the values for serial and model.
>
> For the new driver the tveeprom and pvrusb2 values
> match.
>
> I used all modules from the snapshot and compiled with
> the default flags (so I am using the direct method).
> No warning about a corrupt eeprom here...
>
> Frans.

That's interesting.  So there had to have been a problem before, perhaps
with the tveeprom structures not quite being in sync earlier.  That's
entirely possible.  Glad it's fixed now :-)  It would be mildly
interesting to know which kernel version and which tveeprom.ko you were
using when you saw this problem with the previous driver (which I presume
to be the 20050921 snapshot).