[pvrusb2] Channel-change script

Per Christian Henden perchrh at pvv.org
Sat Sep 10 12:24:44 CDT 2005

Hi,

I made a script for changing channels (attached).
Consider this a preview release :)

It assumes a file mapping channel names to frequencies exist.
The format is like this:

[E5]
freq = 175250

The file can be made combining output from scantv with frequencies
from /usr/local/share/xawtv/*.list

I plan to automate the creation of this frequency file.

It can be created like this:
#goes to xawtv frequency lists
cd /usr/local/share/xawtv
#shows me the files that are included
cat europe-west.list
#concatenates the files that are included
cat ccir-i-iii.list ccir-sl-sh.list  ccir-h.list uhf.list > ~/allids
#extracts channel ids from scantv output
cat ~/.tv/stations |grep "\["|cut -d "(" -f 2|cut -d")" -f 1 > myids
#combines channel ids with frequencies
(for id in `cat myids `; do grep -1 "\[$id\]" allids ;done) > freqs

The placement of the file is given by the FREQUENCY_FILE variable in the
script, so make sure you change that to point to your frequency file.

-PER