[pvrusb2] remote control

Roger J. Allen rja at firkraag.rogera.net
Sun Sep 11 14:18:04 CDT 2005

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005, Mike Isely wrote:

> On Sun, 11 Sep 2005, Per Christian Henden wrote:
>
>> On Sunday 11 September 2005 12:53, Andreas Korinek wrote:
>>> Hi folks,
>>>
>>> does anyone know how to set up the remote control support for the device?
>>>
>>> I installed lirc and when I modprobe lirc_i2c I get the following in dmesg:
>>>
>>> lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, at major 61
>>> lirc_i2c: chip found @ 0x18 (Hauppauge IR)
>>> pvrusb2 i2c_attach [client=Hauppauge IR @ 0x18 id=0xf3]
>>> lirc_dev: lirc_register_plugin: sample_rate: 10
>>>

>>> Looks good so far, but when I start lircd, there are no signals being
>>> received, nothing happens.
>>
>> Same thing over here,
>> and I get this error in /var/log/lircd
>>
>> Sep 11 13:13:14 b105c lircd 0.7.2: lircd(hauppauge) ready
>> Sep 11 13:14:41 b105c lircd 0.7.2: accepted new client on /dev/lircd
>> Sep 11 13:14:41 b105c lircd 0.7.2: could not get file information
>> for /dev/lirc
>> Sep 11 13:14:41 b105c lircd 0.7.2: default_init(): No such file or directory
>> Sep 11 13:14:41 b105c lircd 0.7.2: caught signal
>>
>> I'm using the lircd.conf and lircrc that comes with the driver in the misc/
>> directory.
>>

> See my previous post to the thread originating message.
>
> I personally have not used the IR receiver on this device, but I have
> received multiple reports that it "simply works", using the advice I
> posted on the pvrusb2 page (i.e. do for pvrusb2 exactly what one would do
> for ivtv).  I do have a working lirc setup on a PVR-250 card (used in a
> MythTV box).  The PVR-250 I have came with the exact same remote that
> the PVR USB2 device came with.  I'll retrieve those config files and add
> them to the driver distribution.
>
>  -Mike

I had the remote control working before I moved the pvrusb2 to a
different machine which has a Audigy2 ZS and a livedrive remote.

After the Bears game, I'll change the setup from the livedrive to
the pvrusb2 remote and post the details.

I just tested it and irw can display the proper commands when I
press the buttons.  Since I have the livedrive remote, pvursb2 remote,
and a serial IR Blaster to change the channels on the Comcast
cable box, I want to clean up the config files before I post them.

--
Roger J. Allen                                     Voice:  (312)-587-0690
Internet: rja at rogera.net                             FAX:  (312)-587-0691