[pvrusb2] firmware problems it seems

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Sun Apr 9 21:07:18 CDT 2006

On Sun, 9 Apr 2006, Jeff Sadowski wrote:

> Ok it got further heres what dmesg looks like now before I start xawtv
> look below for what happens when I start xawtv I tryed mplayer also

I think you just dug up a significant clue.  We are having problems with
xawtv.  I'll use the info below to help track it down.

As for mplayer, _that_ should be working, but you can't run mplayer like
it is talking to a V4L device.  Just feed /dev/video0 (or whatever) to
mplayer as if it were a normal file (i.e. don't enable V4L) and it should
work.  When running in this mode, you can still use sysfs to control the
device.

I agree this is a less-than-optimal situation.  I've just been snowed
under with driver related work in the past two weeks.  I am only now just
starting to get dug out.  The translation of the bad ioctl()'s from xawtv
is a really good clue.  I'll see what I can do with that.