[pvrusb2] compile error with 2.6.15-1-686 (debian)

Michael Krufky mkrufky at linuxtv.org
Mon Apr 10 13:56:23 CDT 2006

Mike Isely wrote:
> I actually do my build / testing with Debian, using vanilla kernels.  I
> can't vouch for the Debian'ized kernels, however it was my (perhaps wrong)
> understanding that Debian kernels have minimal changes from the vanilla
> versions.
>
> I would still recommend you try a vanilla kernel.  It's actually made
> easier with Debian.  There's a Debian package called kernel-package that
> you can install; it is a tool that you can use to compile any vanilla
> kernel tree into a nicely bound up Debian kernel package.  Then you can
> install that anywhere, same as any other package.  In fact, I think this
> is the same package used by the kernel package maintainer in Debian.  Give
> it a try.

+1

This is the ONLY way that I like to build my Debian kernels.
kernel-package is a great tool.

Debian has a very nice howto in their installation manual that explains
how to do it step-by-step...

Here is a direct link:

http://www.us.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch08s05.html.en#id2530099

I hope this helps,