[pvrusb2] xawtv fix [was: firmware problems it seems]

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Mon Apr 10 14:10:59 CDT 2006

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006, xavier.gnata at free.fr wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It is a very stange bug indeed.
> Can you figure out why xawtv fails with this 0x01 ?
> It should be fine to know which xawtv call is involved in this problem.
> Is it a "sanity check" performed by xawtv and not by the other players?
> I'm going to investigate...

You're only looking at the entrance to the rabbit hole, Alice.  I spent a
few hours last night crawling into that hole and have learned additional
clues.  I don't have time right now for the full explanation, but I can
tell you this: (1) The latest xawtv snapshot (mid-March 2006) exhibits the
same behavior, (2) There really _is_ a difference in the mpeg stream data
(yet mplayer continues to work), and (3) according to the ivtv
documentation for that cx23416 command, there should not even be a second
argument provided.  (Note that call you see has 2 real arguments; of the 4
function parameters there, 1 is the command, the second is the number of
arguments, and then the last 2 are the actual arguments.)