[pvrusb2] xawtv fix - test 2

Barry Jett bjett80 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 12 17:50:51 CDT 2006

>From: "Barry Jett" <bjett80 at hotmail.com>
>To: pvrusb2 at isely.net
>Subject: Re: [pvrusb2] xawtv fix
>Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 22:32:49 +0000
>

> >From: Mike Isely <isely at isely.net>
> >To: Communications nexus for pvrusb2 driver <pvrusb2 at isely.net>
> >Subject: Re: [pvrusb2] xawtv fix
> >Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 14:39:55 -0500 (CDT)
> >
> >On Wed, 12 Apr 2006, Jeff Sadowski wrote:
> >
> > > changing the 2 to a 1 made it work for me :-D I was watching tv in my
> > > car last night :-D now I just need a better antena :-?
> >
> >Yes, but for people with new hardware, streaming breaks if "1" is used.
> >But if "2" is used, xawtv breaks on all hardware (last night's xawtv
>patch
> >not withstanding).  What I'm thinking is that "0" might work on all
> >hardware AND still allow (unpatched) xawtv to work.  Andy's message
>
>< snip >
>
>Mike,
>
>I tested xawtv unpatched  with the pvrusb2 driver value pvr2_write_
>encoder_vcmd set to "0x00".
>
>Xawtv works !
>
>I am picking up a great deal of audio distortion that I didn't have before,
>I'm still investigating the cause.
>
>Barry

Mike,

Got a free moment ... reloaded the pvrusb2 driver with value = 0x02
and the sound distortion went away.  Unpatched xawtv no longer
worked, of course.

To summarize :

  pvrusb2 driver value = 0x00
  unpatched xawtv
  -  video works, but audio is distorted ...as though the mixer volume
  -  was maxed out and overloading
  -  tested mplayer .... audio distortion present there as well.

  pvrusb2 driver value = 0x02
  unpatched xawtv
  - no video...audio normal
  - mplayer works ok