[pvrusb2] xawtv fix - test 2

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Wed Apr 12 18:46:46 CDT 2006

Regarding the audio distortion...

This might be a completely separate thing.  The pvrusb2 driver sets the
default audio input level to maximum when it initializes.  Depending on
which msp3400 module you are using (i.e. which kernel version you are
using) and possibly also depending on the exact hardware model, the
maximum input level is probably going to be a bad choice.  Probably the
pvrusb2 driver just needs to either default the volume to about 95% of
maximum or it should scale the setting so that "maximum" is whatever makes
sense for the actual hardware & module combination.

Note that audio input level sticks inside the driver.  What I mean is that
if you run, say, xawtv and back down the level, then quit and restart
xawtv or mplayer the level will still be that same value.  In other words,
the driver doesn't do anything to "change it back" to the default (it
can't anyway), so this effect might be confusing some your (and Andy's)
observations.