[pvrusb2] Installing Driver

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Sat Apr 29 12:05:21 CDT 2006

On Sat, 29 Apr 2006, Richard Müller wrote:

>> Verify that you in fact really do have the kernel source tree installed
>> under /lib/modules/2.6.13-15.8-default/build.
>
>/lib/modules/2.6.13-15.8-default/build is a link
>to /usr/src/linux-2.6.13-15.8-obj/x86_64/default/Module.symvers
>
>> You could try a vanilla kernel tree.  I test against vanilla kernel trees
>
>I don't dare to compile a kernel on my own... since I have to use this  machine
>for work...
>Richard

Richard:

You could try to build a vanilla kernel just so you can see how it works
and to get an example for where the driver build works.  (You don't have
to boot such a kernel.)  Then you could compare the two cases and figure
out what's wrong with the build you really do want to perform.

Other than that I don't have any other suggestions.  The missing "modules"
target that it is complaining about is a standard target in the kernel
build system.  All that the driver build is trying to do is hand over
control to the kernel build system so that the pvrusb2 driver can be built
as a module.  From what you pasted, the pvrusb2 driver part of the build
worked just fine and the failure happened after it dropped into the kernel
build system.  So from where I'm sitting it looks like your kernel source
tree is somehow incorrect.

Richard Müller - Am Spring 9 - D-58802 Balve-Eisborn
www.oeko-sorpe.de