[pvrusb2] PVR-USB2 and DVB-T

Michael Krufky mkrufky at m1k.net
Tue Aug 8 06:33:47 CDT 2006

leonardo wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm interested into buying such a piece of hardware
> but I cannot find any place where it is clearly stated
> if this has an analog TV/tuner or both a
> analog/digital tuner, that is, if I can use it with
> DVB-T. Some tech descriptions say it can, some other
> don't mention it.
> I've seen on the site that the pvrusb2 driver doesn't
> support DVB still, I'd just like to be sure it is a
> DVB capable card.

The pvrusb2 device lacks hardware support for DVB-T ... It is an analog
source mpeg2 encoder.

There *might* be a box made by a company called, "Sasem" that might be
more of what you're looking for.  This company makes a hybrid analog
encoder / ATSC receiver / demodulator usb2 box, but it is not yet fully
supported under Linux.  Perhaps they have a DVB-T version, but I am not
sure of that.  Even if so, it will be a long while before the Sasem box
will be fully supported under Linux.

HTH,

Mike Krufky