[pvrusb2] PVR-USB2 and DVB-T

leonardo billtorvalds1 at yahoo.it
Tue Aug 8 10:37:26 CDT 2006

thanks again,
but I still have some doubts, even if now it has
become much a matter of curiosity than of devices :)

> There are three technologies in Digital TV: ATSC
> (USA and some countries in America), one in Japan I
> don't remember the name, and DVB (Europe and almost
> everywhere else)

ok, in europe digital TV = DVB and that may be DVB-T,
DVB-S or DVB-H, but still any form or DVB.

> In modern Linux kernels, there is also a DVB in
> Linux, and I doesn't have anything to do with DVB in
> Digital TV.

sorry, I can't get this... linux supports DVB, but
depending on the tuner, DVB stream may come from any
device (T/H/S).. ?

> DVB in Linux has to be with tuners any tuner that
> support it (no matter it is in America, Europe,
> Japan, or Mars)

?? didn't we say that DVB only comes from europe and
cannot come from mars? ;-)

and, most of all, if none of the previous technologies
cope with pvr-usb2, why should it support any form of
DVB (are we talking about a DVB encoder or decoder?) ?

ciao again,
leonardo.