[pvrusb2] udev error? /dev/video0 and /dev/video missing

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Thu Aug 31 18:38:33 CDT 2006

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006, Daniel Roth wrote:

> I guess this begs the question: Is there a way to uninstall the standalone
> driver?  I'm not even sure where it installed itself to....

That's easy.  The driver is just one file, "pvrusb2.ko".  Find all
instances of it and delete each.  I suspect you will find 1 or 2 copies,
depending on where the standalone version was placed.  Your Mercurial
v4l-dvb install will also have a copy of this.  But just delete all
installed copies and then recopy the pvrusb2.ko instance back in from
v4l-dvb.