[pvrusb2] flicker at the top

Keith Moyer kmoyer-pvrusb2_list at cox.net
Thu Dec 21 09:56:02 CST 2006

> Sorry for asking so many questions... but I noticed that after a while
> (1-2 min), there is a flicker at the top of the picture.  It is
> blocky, and extends maybe to 15% of the picture from the top, and
> usually stops in mid-line.  I am using mythtv, tried different
> settings (width x height, bitrates), but it always shows up.

I've also experienced this, but only when changing channels rapidly.  I
assumed it was the following error on the main pvrusb2 page.
---
"For either type of device, repeatedly rapidly changing channels seems to
result in video corruption which persists until the device is streaming is
completely stopped then restarted. Some people seem to experience this,
others seem not to. I have been unable to find a pattern to this, except to guess
that the temporary disruption in digital data to the encoder during the channel
change can sometimes confuse the encoder."
---
I have a 24xxx device, and can reproduce this at will (exactly as Tamas
described).  It sounds like it's already been looked into, but if more recreates
would help, I'm game.  I haven't made the move to linux on my main pvr box
(still working on the girlfriend acceptance factor), so it hasn't been a major
problem here, but I'd like to help straighten it out if possible.

- Keith