[pvrusb2] NSLU2 + PVRUSB2 = Bird-Box Cam

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 6 01:48:19 CST 2006

Phil,

Nice project!

I haven't seen the lockup on NSLU2/openslug. Then
again I have never tested the driver on debianslug.
Also I have never used the input port, I only use the
tuner.

I'm a little bit surprised that you are using a
pvrusb2 though. It is quite easy to add an usb webcam
to the NSLU2. That will allow you to grab pictures
(e.g. two per second) and do motion detection (using
the "motion" sw).

Actually I seem to recall that I once also did do
video recordings. (for my cam they were probably
mjpeg).

Note that motion detection on a turbo-slug will eat
something like 33% of the CPU cycles if you are
grabbing VGA (640x480) pictures with a frequency of 2/
frames/sec.

If you want to discuss further feel free to send
followup email or meet me at irc (freenode, #openslug,
#nslu2-linux, #pvrusb2, nick eFfeM); I'm mostly there
in my evenings (CET+1) and weekends, but I have a bot
running to capture messages.

Good luck with your project!

FM