[pvrusb2] Different Device ID

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Sat Feb 11 19:11:07 CST 2006

A followup about this...

Hauppauge appears to be selling a new spin of this device.  :-(

Martin sent me his log, whereupon I noticed that msp3400 and saa7115 were
missing from the module list.  The eeprom was also missing.  I asked him
to open it up and look, and sure enough there's a Conexant CX25843 in
place of the missing msp3400 and saa7115.  This new part is known about in
V4L-land; now I get to tangle with it too...

The missing eeprom may not be a big deal.  The pvrusb2 driver didn't find
the eeprom at the expected I2C address, however the driver has that
address hardcoded and if Hauppauge changed the chip then the I2C address
is probably just different.  The FX2 firmware provides a function for
querying of the eeprom address so if I modify the driver to just do that
query instead, then it should be able to adapt appropriately.

/me bracing for the onslaught of e-mail as people start buying this
device...