[pvrusb2] pvrusb2 vs. em8300

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Thu Feb 16 00:41:23 CST 2006

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006, Roger J. Allen wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Feb 2006, Roger J. Allen wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 12 Feb 2006, Michael Roitzsch wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Mike,
>>>

>> I'll attach my dmesg output.  It shows the pvrusb2 startup, a few
>
> It looks like attachments are being dropped by the mailing list.

I just checked into this.  The mailing list was only allowing certain MIME
attachment types (just multipart and plain text).  I've relaxed this for
now.  There is still one other filter in place, which will drop any
attachment whose file name has a suffix that looks like something which
might be viru... I mean executable DOS / Windows content.  I don't imagine
that is going to cause anyone any trouble here :-)

>> lines of:
>>
>> i2c_adapter i2c-0: Transaction error!
>>
>> and then the em8300 and adv717x modules start and load their firmware.
>> The pvrusb2 displays the messages about loading it's firmware.
>> MythTV starts up the pvrusb2 and records the local news.
>> I used xine to play the recording of the local news to the Dxr3 tv-out.
>> Both audio and video seem to be working fine.

   [...]

The log data looks OK except for the Transaction error message.  That's a
string not generated by the pvrusb2 driver.  No idea where it might be
coming from.