[pvrusb2] pvrusb2 vs. em8300

Michael Roitzsch mroi at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Feb 16 13:24:07 CST 2006

Hi,

> Does the pvrusb2 display video?

Yes, video is always there.

> If it is just an audio problem, are you trying to use the analog
> line-out or the AC3 audio from the Dxr3?

Neither. I am using my ordinary soundcard.

> What program are you using to tell if the pvrusb2 is working fine?

Mostly xine. But I have also used ffmpeg to extract and decode the
audio stream directly off the device and looked at the resulting PCM
data in a hex editor. It consists almost entirely of 0x00's, with
some very rare occurrences of other values.

> Did you get the em8300 to work without a pvrusb2 attached?

The em8300 always works. No matter what the pvrusb2 does.

> tv-out and/or overlay?

I am only using TV-out here.

> analog and/or ac3?

Digital PCM and AC3.