[pvrusb2] pvrusb2 vs. em8300

Roger J. Allen rja at firkraag.rogera.net
Fri Feb 17 14:26:43 CST 2006

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006, Michael Roitzsch wrote:

> Hi,
>

>> What program are you using to tell if the pvrusb2 is working fine?
>
> Mostly xine. But I have also used ffmpeg to extract and decode the
> audio stream directly off the device and looked at the resulting PCM
> data in a hex editor. It consists almost entirely of 0x00's, with
> some very rare occurrences of other values.

I use "mplayer /dev/video0" or a shapshot of xawtv 4.0-pre.  Both
have proper video and audio.

Can you mail the command that you use to tell that the audio
stream is missing?  I'll run it and see what my Dxr3 and pvrusb2
combo produces.

>> analog and/or ac3?
>
> Digital PCM and AC3.

I only use analog audio, but that should only matter if
there is an audio stream from the pvrusb2.

--
Roger J. Allen