[pvrusb2] New driver snapshot: pvrusb2-mci-20060102

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Mon Jan 2 17:14:51 CST 2006

On Mon, 2 Jan 2006, Michael Roitzsch wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> I just tried the 20060102 snapshot but I needed the attached patch to get it
> to build for kernel 2.6.12.
>
> In addition to that, I read that the later snapshots initialize the video
> standard to PAL-BG instead of SECAM. I happen to be one of the lucky PAL
> users, but something appears wrong with the initialization: Right after
> booting, the MPEG stream from the pvrusb2 is 720x480, which is actually an
> NTSC resolution. If i write PAL-BG to ctl_video_standard/cur_val again
> (PAL-BG is the current value), the resolution changes to the correct 720x576.

OK, I think I know the cause of that issue.  There's logic which resets
the capture size when the standard is changed.  However since this is a
case of the standard being *initialized* a particular way, the logic is
being missed.  This should not be difficult to fix.  Being in NTSC, it's
hard for me to see things like that.  Thanks.