[pvrusb2] no audio with PAL and tda9887

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Mon Jan 2 17:17:59 CST 2006

On Mon, 2 Jan 2006, Michael Roitzsch wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> I have my weird no audio problem isolated: It turns out to be a collision of
> your driver and the em8300 driver for my DXR3 (aka Hollywood+) MPEG decoder
> card. When I remove this driver from the kernel tree, power cycle the pvrusb2
> (just a reboot is not enough!) and reboot, everything works fine (except for
> my DXR3, of course). If I put the em8300 module back, the pvrusb2 is silent
> again (picture still works) at the next reboot.
>
> This is good news so far, however, I would like to get this secondary issue
> fixed to run both devices at once. A possible starting point is that both
> have an internal I2C bus. Is it possible that the em8300 driver does some
> wrong I2C things that somehow move the pvrusb2 in a broken state?

Probably an I2C driver related to the em8300 is attaching to the I2C bus
for the pvrusb2.  I'm not sure if we can solve this, but there's more
information that can be gained.  For starters, we need to find out which
module is doing this.  Look at your system log and you should see messages
printed each time a driver attaches to the PVR USB2's I2C bus.
Alternatively you can get a summary of driver information (including the
list of attached I2C drivers) by doing this, after the driver has
initialized:

   cat /sys/class/pvrusb2/sn-*/debuginfo

So, can you send me a list of which modules have attached?  We'll identify
the rogue and then we can see what if anything we can do about it.