[pvrusb2] New driver snapshot: pvrusb2-mci-20060102A

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Tue Jan 3 00:58:32 CST 2006

Sigh.

Another problem has cropped up, introduced by this change.  If you are
compiling under 2.6.15, you'll get a compilation failure in
pvrusb2-video-v4l.c, due to media/v4l2-common.h being erroneously
suppressed from being included.  That's a new header file that appeared in
2.6.15.  The root cause here is that I'm tired and need to get to bed - so
I'm not going to compound the problem by releasing another snapshot
tonight with probably another surprise flaw in it.

If you are building under 2.6.15, there is an easy workaround for this.
Edit driver/compat.h and comment out the line that defines the macro
PVR2_SUPPRESS_V4L2COMMON.  The rule surrounding that definition is wrong
and is causing the problem.  So just turn it off if you're building for
2.6.15.

I'll post another snapshot hopefully tomorrow night (earlier in the
evening) after I've had some time to think through a more careful fix.

   -Mike