[pvrusb2] Re: Problem with 20060102A

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Tue Jan 3 14:15:32 CST 2006

On Tue, 3 Jan 2006, Helmut Toplitzer wrote:

>> there.  Also you could try swapping in the modules from the snapshot
>> instead, but my gut feeling is that this might not make much difference
>> (if there were a module related problem I think it more likely that it
>> wouldn't work at all rather than just work intermittently).
>

> Ok. I tested 2.6.14.4 again, which works OK.
> Tested 2.6.15 with 20060102A pvrusb2 and ivtv, works OK too.
>
> Tested 2.6.15 with 20060102A pvrusb2 and kernel-ivtv, hangs.
>
> Switching channels takes subjective longer than with your ivtv-modules.
>
> Once it take longer than 1,5 sec, switching channel again causes the freeze.
>
> So it looks like upstream is broken.
>
> Ideas?

You could try swapping between each I2C support module one at a time in an
attempt to narrow down the problematic module.

Exactly which 2.6.15-rcX kernel version are you using?  I may try to
reproduce the problem here tonight.  I don't know if I'll be able to
however - if the problem for example is influenced by video standard
and/or tuner hardware then I might not be able to chase this directly.