[pvrusb2] Re: Problem with 20060102A

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Tue Jan 3 14:46:27 CST 2006

On Tue, 3 Jan 2006, Helmut Toplitzer wrote:

>> You could try swapping between each I2C support module one at a time in an
>> attempt to narrow down the problematic module.
>>
>> Exactly which 2.6.15-rcX kernel version are you using?  I may try to
>
> Ok. will try. any suggestions in which order i shall replace the modules?

msp3400 is not involved in overall tuning so that probably shouldn't get
much priority.  tuner definitely has to do with tuning but its operation
is fairly simple (once you get past selecting the right tuner type).
saa7115 has to do with digitizing the analog signal; it might be a suspect
- and its programming is non-trivial.  tveeprom is not a factor once you
get past initialization of the driver.  tda9887 isn't in the pvrusb2
snapshot so obviously it isn't a variable.  Probably try swapping saa7115
first, then look at tuner.  The others shouldn't matter.  But don't take
my word for it, since after all I was originally not suspecting any of the
modules in the first place...

> My kernel is 2.6.15. not a rc.

OK, dumb question.  I only looked at kernel.org early last night and saw
that the latest was still 2.6.14.5.  That'll teach me :-)