[pvrusb2] usb weakiness and streaming errors

Helmut Toplitzer pvrusb2 at toplitzer.net
Tue Jan 3 16:39:16 CST 2006

> > I have a Via eapia board, an Via usb 2.0 controller and a 5m active usb
> > repeater cable. (Not very ideal setup, I know).

> The first error message you printed came from the USB core not the pvrusb2
> driver, which suggests strongly that something went wrong at a level lower
> than the driver.  But I'll need to go back and look at this code to see

Maybe it's again the known VIA problem.
Please try:
1) modprobe ehci-hcd and try out a USB2.0 device.
2) hdparm -t /dev/hda
3) rmmod ehci-hcd
4)  try again: hdparm -t /dev/hda

If second transfer rate is bigger, it's the famous VIA problem not solved
yet on linux-kernel and linux-usb-devel lists. Then you might join the
discussion on linux-usb-devel called "USB EHCI VIA disconnect problem".

Helmut

--
My GNUpg fingerprint http://www.gnupg.org
4563 F4FB 0B7E 8698 53CD  00E9 E319 35BD 6A91 1656