[pvrusb2] The new snapshot(20060103) does not work

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Sat Jan 7 11:36:07 CST 2006

On Sat, 7 Jan 2006, Miephos wrote:

> Thank you for the hint. I try some other snapshots and the
> pvrusb2-mci-20051016 snapshot is the last newest snapshot that works. This
> was the last one where ivtv was not separated. I have not a clue of kernel
> programming. So I dont really understand it. But I can watch tv and that is
> enough for the first time.
>
> My next step is to get the ir-remote to work. Has anyone a short step by step
> tutorial for me. Must I load additional modules? Can someone help me to get
> it work, pleas??
>
> Thanks for you Mike and all the other in the list.
>
> ~miephos

Miephos:

You don't strictly need to use the tveeprom from the snapshot.  I only
included it (and the others) to provide alternate choices in case people
have trouble with the kernel-resident versions.  In your case you are
having trouble with snapshot-provided version, so just abandon that.  In
fact, the only module not in V4L (before 2.6.15) is saa7115.ko, and if
you're running 2.6.15 then you can completely abandon all the modules in
the ivtv subdirectory.

I had actually separated the ivtv-provided modules into their own
directory to emphasize the loose relationship here, and in preparation to
eventually eliminating them completely (hopefully).