[pvrusb2] [Linux-usb-users] USB EHCI VIA disconnect problem

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Sat Jan 7 12:29:31 CST 2006

On Sat, 7 Jan 2006, Helmut Toplitzer wrote:

>> I know nothing at all about this pvrusb driver.  Your stack trace seems to
>> indicate that it might the problem (as opposed to any other part of the
>> USB stack).
>
> OK. Maybe it's a pvrusb2 problem then. I'll cc to the pvrusb2-list.

Not to "toss this one back" or anything like that, but those syslog oopses
show a lot of errors and only a few involve pvrusb2.  And of those that
involve pvrusb2, it appears that every case is happening in code called by
pvrusb2, not pvrusb2 itself.  I did look to see if anything "jumped out"
to suggest a pvrusb2 problem but I didn't see anything of that nature.
Right now I'd say that pvrusb2 is an innocent bystander in a larger
problem :-(

> The problem is that playing video stops sometimes. (Normaly after
> 1 to 60min) Attached stack-trace.
> Application using device is completely hung (mplayer, mythtv)
> and driver doesn't recover without reboot, even core-usb has problems to
> notice newly added usb-storage devices then.
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-usb-devel&m=113658625004858&w=2
>
> So maybe it's a problem of pvrusb2 or my via board or of the
> via patch I got from Alan. It's not clear now.
> Maybe Mike can help?

Any chance you can attach a separate USB controller to your system and
test with that?