[pvrusb2] default volume setting

Mark Brand mabrand at mabrand.nl
Mon Jul 24 03:56:11 CDT 2006

Hi,

Recently I noticed that the volume was set way too high when I use
pvrusb2-mci-20060702 to capture. Loud voices get severely clipped and I
have to use a much lower than normal volume setting on the TV to get a
comfortable volume.

I am pretty sure that the default volume used to be OK in previous versions.

I have the line-out from a DV camera connected to the audio inputs on
the PVR-USB2. The line-out is a standard line-out level, which leads me
to think that the gain is set too high in the PVR-USB2.

Anyway, I wonder if anybody has an idea of what a normal neutral volume
setting would be for the PVR-USB2. Or am I on the wrong track here?

The following are my settings. Everything is default except for the
video source and video bitrate.

Audio Layer II Bitrate          224 kbps
Audio CRC                       false
Audio Emphasis                  No Emphasis
Audio Encoding Layer            2
Audio Mode                      Stereo
Balance                         0
Bass                            0
Brightness                      128
Channel                         0
Contrast                        68
Subsystem enabled mask          enc_firmware
Subsystem stream mask           enc_config digitizer_run usbstream_run
enc_run
Channel Program ID              0
Channel Program Frequency       0
Tuner Frequency (Hz)            175250000
Hue                             0
Video Source                    s-video
Audio Stereo Mode               Stereo
Audio Stereo Mode Extension     Bound 4
Mute                            false
Horizontal capture resolution   720
Vertical capture resolution     576
Saturation                      64
Signal Present                  true
Audio Sampling Frequency        48 kHz
Stream Type                     MPEG-2 DVD-compatible Stream
Streaming Enabled               false
Treble                          0
USB Speed                       High
Video Aspect                    4x3
Video Bitrate                   9200000
Video Bitrate Mode              Constant Bitrate
Video Peak Bitrate              9200000
Video Pulldown                  false
Video Standard Name             PAL-B/G
Video Standards In Use Mask     PAL-B PAL-G
Video Standards Available Mask  PAL-B PAL-B1 PAL-G PAL-I PAL-D PAL-D1
PAL-K PAL-N PAL-Nc SECAM-L
Volume                          65535

Mark