[pvrusb2] My First Post

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Tue Jul 25 13:27:19 CDT 2006

On Tue, 25 Jul 2006, Martin Galese wrote:

> Hi Santiago,
>
> The WinTV-PVR-USB2 is definitely compatible with MythTV. That's how I
> watch all of my TV. With older versions of the driver the resolution
> and video bitrate settings inside MythTV have no effect. Apparently,
> newer versions support this, at least on some hardware. I just
> manually set the resolution and bitrate from a sys interface.
>
> Everything else is pretty seamless.

Unless MythTV has already implemented use of the new MPEG APIs, _and_ you
are running a 2.6.18-preX kernel or are using the pvrusb2 driver inside of
the V4L repository, then you still need to use the sysfs interface to set
pretty much all of the unusual properties except for resolution.

I did commit a change to the driver that implements VIDIOC_S_FMT correctly
now so MythTV is able to control the capture resolution.  (Unfortunately
this also uncovered the unsolved "horizontal resolution must be 720"
problem if you are using a 24xxx series device - and that's an issue
because the default capture horizontal resolution in MythTV is 480 so you
have to change it.)