[pvrusb2] suspend and pvrusb2.

Helmut Toplitzer pvrusb2 at toplitzer.net
Sun Jun 11 17:44:58 CDT 2006

On Sunday 11 June 2006 21:35, xavier.gnata at free.fr wrote:
> I'm using a 2.6.19.20 kernel with the suspend feeature enable.
> I don't use the suspend2 patch but the suspend code of vanilla kenel.
>
> Typing hibernate to suspend to disk with xawtv/pvrusb2 running, I get a
> warning during suspend time.
> Something like "pvrusb2 : no suspend capablity?" (sorry but the exact
> message is not logged..)
>
> At resume time, my computer is fully frozzen :(

I'm using suspend from vanilla too. Works great. Only thing you've got to
do is to unload the lirc and so on ....   before suspend.
(Doesn't work while playing. You might already experienced this ;-)

Under Debian you can get this by adopting the following file:

/etc/acpi/powerbtn.sh:
----------------
#!/bin/sh
# /etc/acpi/powerbtn.sh
# Initiates a shutdown when the power putton has been
# pressed.

PIDFILE=/var/run/suspend

/usr/bin/test -f "$PIDFILE" && exit 1
/usr/bin/touch "$PIDFILE"

/etc/init.d/lirc stop
/sbin/rmmod lirc_i2c lirc_dev pvrusb2

/bin/sleep 4

echo platform > /sys/power/disk; echo disk > /sys/power/state

/bin/sleep 10
/sbin/modprobe lirc_i2c
/sbin/modprobe pvrusb2
/etc/init.d/lirc start

/bin/rm "$PIDFILE"

Hope that helps.

Cheers.
Helmut

--
My GNUpg fingerprint http://www.gnupg.org
4563 F4FB 0B7E 8698 53CD  00E9 E319 35BD 6A91 1656