[pvrusb2] New driver snapshot: pvrusb2-mci-20060625

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Sun Jun 25 20:29:46 CDT 2006

There's a new pvrusb2 driver snapshot available.  Changes are mainly
things to take advantage of the new cx2341x module in V4L and to be
available in 2.6.18.  For all practical purpose right now you won't see
these changes until you can build against 2.6.18.

Note that the names and functions of the encoder controls change when
cx2341x is in use (which it normally won't be right now - but that's going
to change soon).  Basically, cx2341x correctly implements various
filtering controls with the encoder and now the pvrusb2 makes these
available.  I intend on backporting these controls for older kernels, but
that is work that is still needed to be done and I felt this was a good
point to release another snapshot first.

The pvrusb2 driver can be found here: http://www.isely.net/pvrusb2

Also with 2.6.18, we may finally see the driver appear in the kernel tree.
There are still some hurdles to pass, but progress is being made.