[pvrusb2] PVR USB2 and PVR-250

Renan Yson renan.yson at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 21:46:42 CDT 2006

hi!

i hope somebody here can help me. i asked help here before with a
different problem and the response i got was that i probably have a
defective unit. turned out you guys were right! (thanks! :)

so, i sent the unit for replacement. however, a different problem
arise, which is now a software problem.

 my situation is this:

i have a pvr-250 that's working fine on ubuntu dapper (2.6.15-25-686).
i installed the ivtv drivers (0.4.6) successfully with no problems.

now, i want to add my pvr-usb2 as a second tuner. the drivers i
downloaded from mike's website compiled without problems. however,
when i try to do:

modprobe pvrusb2

i get:

FATAL: Error inserting pvrusb2
(/lib/modules/2.6.15-25-686/pvrusb2/pvrusb2.ko): Unknown symbol in
module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)

and dmeg shows:

[17181914.104000] pvrusb2: disagrees about version of symbol
tveeprom_hauppauge_analog
[17181914.104000] pvrusb2: Unknown symbol tveeprom_hauppauge_analog

1. is this error caused because i installed the ivtv drivers for the
pvr-250? how can it be corrected?

2. also, i can't extract the firmware. the previous unit (the
defective one) was a model 29xxx. now, the replacement is a model
24xxx. would the pvr-250 firmware work?

i appreciate all the help. thanks very much!

renan

--
"An expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less
until he knows everything about nothing."