[pvrusb2] fwextract.pl : last pvrusb2_XXXX.exe version supported

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Sun Mar 12 12:26:00 CST 2006

On Sun, 12 Mar 2006, xavier.gnata at free.fr wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have installed the driver a the box of a friend of mine.
> I was installing the driver when I saw that fwextract.pl fails with
> pvrusb2_26_23097.exe.
>
> I'm using an old set of firmwares and I haven't tried that script for mouths.
> What is the last version of pvrusb2_XXXX.exe known to work with fwextract.pl?
>
> Xavier.

That is because IIRC in that version of the driver package the firmware is
simply *not* there.  Instead you have to grab a companion zip file,
pvrusb2_inf_26c.zip, unzip that and extract from there.

I don't know why Hauppauge shifted things around like that.  There's
mention about another example of this situation already in
pvrusb2-utils.html.