[pvrusb2] pvrusb2 build error with 2.6.16 on amd64

Andreas Korinek andreas.korinek at wizards-of-chemistry.net
Sat Mar 25 11:49:01 CST 2006

On Saturday 25 March 2006 18:10, Mike Isely wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Mar 2006, Andreas Korinek wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I get the following error when building the pvrusb2 module with kernel
> > 2.6.16 on amd64. Compiler is gcc-3.4.6
> >
> > Any advice?
>
> The 2.6.16 kernel introduces a new mutex type, which the driver tries to
> use.  Some hackery with #defines is being used to keep things compatible
> (basically doing the same thing that the dvb-v4l source tree does).  I'm
> not sure yet what the cause is here.  Can you get a clean build under
> 2.6.15?

Jep, builds fine with 2.6.15. Actually I tried to change line 24 from 2.6.16
to 2.6.17 in file pvrusb2-context.h so that the old semaphore header is used
and it works.
I even didn't have to change line 52.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / With kind regards,
Andreas Korinek, B. SC.

An authority is a person who can tell you more about something than you
really care to know.