[pvrusb2] firmware

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Thu Mar 30 07:39:49 CST 2006

The copy of fwextract.pl included with any snapshot from 20060318 and
onward should be able to work.  You want to run it on your DriverD2
directory.  You can also try it on the root directory of the CD and that
will work - however the result will be firmware for the old hardware.

It's always possible that you could have a newer driver release in which
case fwextract.pl isn't going to find anything.  In that case you (or
someone) will have to do the "manual extraction" process but unfortunately
the instructions on the web page are incomplete in the context of
extracting for the new hardware.  This is because there are three files to
extract now and the decode_log step in the process is a little different
because of it.  Basically when you run decode_log, it is going to find two
firmware files in the snoop output instead of one and it will generate
slightly different names that you'll then have to rename to the expect
values in order for fwextract to do its search correctly.  I will update
those pages but it is still going to be a few more days before I can get
to it.