[pvrusb2] Trouble with lirc

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Thu May 11 21:45:47 CDT 2006

On Thu, 11 May 2006, Andreas Beck wrote:

> Frans Meulenbroeks <fransmeulenbroeks at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Actually I encountered the same problem and I was
>> about to query whether anyone had more info.
>> I am on 2.6.16. Lirc 0.8.0 did not compile. Apparently
>> something has changed wrt i2c driver struct
>> initialisation. I patched this locally by changing the
>> struct (using some other code as example).
>
> Yes. CVS compiles for me and the difference is in deed a few lines that
> check for a very recent kernel version and then change a struct that
> seems to be used to register the driver.
>
>> This made lirc to compile.
>> I figured out I needed lirc_i2c.
>> After that mode2 is giving me data, but when I start
>> lircd and irw nothing is received.
>
> So you are better off than me. Inspired by your posts, I tried as well
> (I don't strictly _need_ the RC features ...), but it seems the driver
> will not recognize the IR-Receiver hardware on the I2C bus.
>
> I see the "probe" messages and all return as "no" if I load the module
> with debug=1.
>
> I use the 24xxx hardware - so maybe they also changed the IR receiver
> chip or its address?
>

> Any pointers welcome,

Hmm, well honestly I haven't tried IR with the 24xxx hardware yet.  It's
certainly possible that Hauppauge did something different with the IR.  I
hope not, but...

Has anyone here gotten lirc working with 24xxx hardware?  I have both old
and new hardware here, so I'll try to sort this out - but it will be a few
days yet before I get a chance to try it.