[pvrusb2] Trouble with lirc

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at yahoo.com
Mon May 15 02:01:59 CDT 2006

Rick,

I suggest compiling/running lirc in debug mode.

from lirc.org:
Compile LIRC in debug mode. A new command line option
(-d[debug_level]) will become available for lircd. The
debug level (0 to 5) will control how much additional
debug output will be displayed. But be careful with
this. After some extensive debug sessions I once
discovered that my logfile was using 110 MBytes of
disk space. :-)

I seem to recall that I modprobe-d lirc_i2c with
debug=1
It might be that I recompiled with DEBUG first

That would give additional info in /var/log/messages
(or dmesg)

Also:
did you make /dev/lirc by yourself? or was it
automaticaly made. I do not have those other files (I
get /dev/lirc0 and /dev/lircd automatically then
handlinked /dev/lirc to /dev/lirc0).

good luck, Frans