No subject

Tue May 30 23:49:19 CDT 2006

chip there's just some set of numbered inputs.  The wiring of those inputs
on the chip to the actual jacks on the device is knowledge only held by
the pvrusb2 driver.  So when you use sysfs to change the input to
"s-video" (or whatever, and yes you can do that), then the input as
reported by the saa7115 is just going to be whatever numbered choice
corresponds to that.

To change the input in sysfs, look at the ctl_input control and put into
"cur_val" one of the choices that you can see from cat'ing the enum_val
file.  (You probably already know all that; I'm just trying to cover all
the bases here).

> Also, once I get s-video working what is the easiest way to record the
> mpeg stream from the command line?

cat /dev/video0 >my_file_that_i_want_to_save_to.mpg

Note: I am out of town right now (actually typing this from inside a
restaurant with free wi-fi).  Where I'm heading won't have broadband, so
my responsiveness here for the next week or so is going to be somewhat
sporadic.